Debbie Hultgren // ABC, Senior Consultant
I’ve worked in the communication business for over 15 years on projects large and small, simple and complex.
I was originally trained as a communications generalist, which means I worked in a bit of everything until I found my niche. My expertise focuses on employee communication, business communications, and change management, all of which has helped companies during turbulent change.
My overall approach to communication is a balance of the strategic and the tactical, depending on the nature of your communication problem.
My communication philosophy is simple. Effective communication is proactive, audience focused, measurable, and integrate on every level…regardless of the size of the project.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Simon Fraser University (SFU) with majors in Communication and French
- Certificate in marketing and business communication through SFU’s writing and publishing program
- Certificate in French as a Second Language from Université Laval in Quebec
- Accreditation through the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
Other points of interest:
- Certified in the ProSci change management methodology
- Longtime member of the BC Chapter of IABC
- Volunteer judge of IABC Bronze Quill and Silver Leaf Awards
- I hold a teacher’s degree in piano and an associateship with the Royal Conservatory of Music
I do have a life outside of work: I’m an outdoor enthusiast, an amateur photographer, and general animal lover. You might even bump into me in one of the local parks or hiking trails…rain or shine.